Friday, July 6, 2018

Clans Skryre Skaven, by Dan Harde





Dan has entered Armies on Parade every year since it began back in 2011. Last year, he wanted to paint a new army for Warhammer Age of Sigmar and set his sights on the Skaven, particularly the gun-wielding tech-wizards of the Clans Skryre. “I’ve always been interested in the Skaven,” says Dan, “but I’ve never quite found the inspiration to start an army. My hook came when I was discussing unusual colour schemes for models with a friend. “Like pink Tyranids or orange Skaven?” he said. I think he meant orange fur, not armour, but the idea had settled in my brain and I painted a unit of Clanrats to establish my colour scheme. From that point on I was hooked. I based my army on the Clans Skryre because I love the idea of viciously cunning, man-sized rats with flame-throwers and lightning cannons – it’s apocalyptic fantasy horror and wholly disturbing, which really fits with my interpretation of Warhammer Age of Sigmar. To complement the army, I built a display board for them featuring a ruined citadel, which now features a brass bell to herald Clan Ferrik’s arrival.”

If you like Doomwheels, you should take a look at the Doomwheel game by Katsu Entertainment; it’s a blast.




No comments:

Post a Comment